FLY TO THE LINE - GLIDER CHALLENGE - GLOBAL CHALLENGE
Welcome to Fly to the Line - the Glider Challenge.
The Challenge is for class/grade 4-6 students and can be run by any school anywhere on earth.
About the Fly To The Line competition
The Glider Challenge offers schools a unique opportunity to begin to engage students with STEM subjects.
The competition is developed by The Learning Partnership and RAF Museum Cosford in the UK & can be run by any school on the planet with a single STEM box of resources all available from our shop for under USD75.00. The competition and supporting curriculum resources are designed to help equip students with the skills, knowledge and experience that they will need to embrace and tackle the global opportunities and challenges of tomorrow.
The project is fully resourced with lesson plans, printable's and activity guides made available here online on the Dendrite STEM Education Community.
How the competition works:
- Use the guidance and ideas in the content areas below to design, build and test gliders through the Spring and early Summer terms. There is a variety of additional lesson content you can use from now to explore key principles.
- Hold an in-school glider flying competition, providing opportunities for students to refine their designs and launching skills. Notes and a video presentation for this are in the content areas below.
- Where there is an established national competion in your country the team/s (one team of up to 4 from each registered class at the school) with the best distance flying glider is invited to represent their school at the regional finals to be held at the regional Hub in May or early June.
- At the regional and national finals, students will get the opportunity to learn more about flight and will design and compete with new glider designs they make there (all tools and resources provided) Note: Large schools can elect to pay for more than one team entry to allow teams from more than one class to attend.
Further details are in the teacher guide which you can download below.
What does it cost?
- School Registration Fee (For a FTTL 10 team Box) - USD 75.00
Where can I get more help or information?
The resources in the sections below contain lots of information to help you manage taking part in the competition.
You can use the message forum here to ask questions. If you post in the 'ask the experts' section, Learning Partnership staff are notified immediately.
If have other problems, you can get more help and information via email@example.com