Race for the Line Season 3 - 2017-2018 School Year
National hub community
Race for the Line Model Rocket Car Competition - Season 3
Please read the details below before you request to join this community to sign up!
Season 3 Race Calendar
- Autumn Term 2017 - Learn, Design and Build Phase with curriculum materials aligned to the year 7 STEM+ curriculum - click here to view curriculum Map
- Spring Term 2018 - Schools Race Days held at participating schools in England and Wales (Spring Race Dates booked with Regional HUB admin team during September and October 2017 enabling schools to plan the race day as a wider STEM event for the school)
- Summer Term 2018 - Regional Finals run at the start of the summer term 2018 (dates and locations announced by your regional Race HUB in September 2017)
- National Finals - end of June 2018
Following feedback from schools in season 2 wanting to maximise the impact of the competition and resources supplied to schools, in season 3 the competition will be run as a whole year 7 STEM programme, providing up to 75 model rocket car kits so all year 7 students can take part. The teaching resources to support the STEM faculty for year 7 to deliver the year 7 STEM curriculum around the competition have been commissioned and will be supplied to all participating schools. click here
In Season 3 our goal is to support 200,000 year 7 students taking part, however schools with year 7 students can only sign up if they agree to run the competition for all year 7 students. The competition sponsors goal is to see the overall number of students inspired by STEM increase and so support will be focused on schools that agree to engage strategically with the programme as a cross curricular STEM experience for all year 7 students. It will be the most awesome start to their STEM learning journey in your school and to learn more contact 01869346609.
What's different this season?
- Briefing sessions will be held remotely in online video conference every Wednesday from 1530-1600 from June - mid July 2017 for all STEM teachers in participating schools. To join this briefing go to
Meeting Number: 230 783 215
- Applications for season 3 will close July 25th 2017
- All resources will be delivered to participating schools for the start of the new school year in September 2017 as long as the school has attended an online briefing.
- Race days will be run at your school in Spring term 2018 and arranged by October 1st 2017
- The HUB network has been re-organised and upgraded to Centre around Race for the Line Rocketeer Locations from which mobile Race teams will deploy to support school based race activity.
Schools are invited to apply to be part of the programme in season 3, however places are limited to 30 schools with year 7 students per RACE HUB so click join community button to register. registration will be on a first come first served basis and our team will contact you to complete registration.
This Community is purely a registration area for schools wishing to compete. A new Dendrite competition management zone for all future competitions is being built at the moment following feedback from season 2 and Dendrite as a platform made simpler to use.
To compete you must apply to join this community by clicking the join community button below (even if you have taken part in previous seasons!) and our team will contact you to confirm the terms of entry. If you do not receive an email within 48 hours from @dendrite.in check you spam folder please.
This competition seeks to be a catalyst for collaborative working in STEM education, please support us in that mission.
In September 2018 for year 8 students the team will launch the Airlander hybrid air vehicles drone competition to support a journey through to GCSE choices in each participating school. This will coincide with the year of the engineer and the 100 year anniversary of the RAF
Primary schools will be supported with a new competition designed to support year 5 and 6 students in STEM. This will be announced after half term.
You can contact our team for sign up support on 01869 346 609.